Just Live It

Ashley - Council, Idaho
Themes: carpe diem

Just Live It

As days go by people may seem to question their sense of reality and purpose in this world. A daily routine repeated day in and day out; you wake up, you go to school/work, and then you come home. Occasionally a baby being born, a wedding taking place, or a promotion at work, may somehow be connected to you or even happening in your life and actually make your life a little more interesting. My opinion may be harsh, but this I believe…there is no purpose in life, you just live it.

A person doesn’t have a pre-destined purpose for living in this world. They have goals and values that they soon hope to accomplish. It is not a person’s “purpose” to be the next president, or show up to school on time; it’s their sense of reality or what they actually want to accomplish. A person may have purposes for doing things or wanting to accomplish things, but really just by living life you can expect great things. Don’t get down and depressed when something goes wrong. Learn from your mistakes and try to get better.

Everyday people are trying to be the next best thing in this world, when in all reality they already are. A person is as good as what they expect from themselves. No one is ever perfect, they may try to be, but seriously, a perfect world?…It’s not even physically or mentally possible. Everybody consists of flaws; it’s just a matter of discovering what they are. Just because a person has flaws doesn’t make them a bad person, it makes them a human being. Why try to hide behind something your not, when in all reality “you are you.”

Try not to let the small things in life mislead you or misdirect you in the wrong way. There is no right path to take in life. You make your own path as you go. Treading through the good and bad help a person to discover who they really are. So get out there and climb the tallest mountain. Don’t look back and move forward without fear.

I am not trying to say that life is meaningless or pointless. The point that I am trying to make is the fact that everybody is not born with a purpose. So don’t sit and stare out the window and wonder,“what is my purpose in life?” Get out there and live life. Do as you please, and have fun. Live everyday as it comes, with no regrets or ever holding back. You only live once, so make the best of it, while it lasts.