Maribel - Anaheim, California

This I believe about donation that it is true what the Bible says “it is better to give than to receive.” The true meaning of life to me is the giving away of yourself to someone who is needy. Being selfless, thinking less of yourself, sharing rather than being selfish. Tissue donation is a great example of giving.

I am a foreign medical graduate but because I am married to a preacher and we have 3 kids, I figure going back to practice medicine would be difficult for me. My priorities should be my family. I was so happy when I started working with the field of tissue donation.

This not only made me have my family as priority but at the same time it also let me work in the medical field. Not only that, it also gives a rewarding purpose. I work with CV and skin split-thickness processing & to me every day is a new day knowing that our work has purpose and meaning. Tissue donation indeed helps more than we can imagine.

We have witnessed a lot of success stories brought about by tissue donation and I think I speak not only for myself but for everyone in our company that these stories keep us inspired and encouraged to keep on going even if work is difficult. I am so honored and blessed to be working in such a field.

We have donors from different age groups and it always amazes me to know that in whatever age group you come from, there is still something you can do to make giving possible. It breaks my heart terribly especially if we receive very young donors but realizing how much their donation can go, makes my heart leap for joy knowing that it will go a very long way. Hearing from recipients are testimonies that really make our company’s motto of “Changing lives through tissue donation” a reality. This I believe and so we live.