This is what I believe about donation

Lauri - Freehold, New Jersey

This is what I believe about donation………………………

There is so much I believe about donation, it is hard to begin.

I believe it saves lives. I believe it enhances lives. I believe it brings people together. I believe it turns tragedy into triumph. I believe it is truly God’s way of having good things come out of bad situations. I believe everyone should be an organ and tissue donor. I believe every recipient should live every day to its absolute fullest.

During my eight and a half years as an MTF employee, I have listened to many guest speakers talk about donation, losing loved ones, receiving “the gift” and every single one has made an impact on me.

I have gone to The Transplant Games in Minnesota where I attended a quilt pinning ceremony that left a lump in my throat as a donor mother spoke of a chance to hear her son’s heart beat once again in the body of his heart recipient.

I have become dear friends with a double organ recipient who has made me see life from a new perspective just knowing how much hers has changed because of the gift of donation. Although we’ve been friends for less than five years, I now can’t imagine my life without her in it. She has touched the core my heart and soul and her “can do” positive attitude and enduring spirit never ceases to amaze me.

What do I believe most about donation? I believe it is important for EVERYONE to do their part to spread awareness and make it happen in any way they can!!