the good things in life

krystal - aurora, Colorado

The good things in life

There are people in life that you will meet, then will say good bye to, but your family will always be there for you. Whether it’s a life or death situation or just trouble in school you can always count on your family to be there for you. Family is like the light at the end of the dark tunnel that leads you to the flower infested meadow were you lie down, look up at the blue sky, and know you are safe. Family prepares you to become brave for the war that comes in the future where you have to fight to get your freedom. The most important thing is that your families are the ones who will always believe in you and carry you on for the rest of your life.

It was in second grade when I realized how much my family cared about my problems. I had gotten a new pink, shiny, bike for my birthday with absolutely no training wheels on it I was so happy. When I told people about it they made me feel sad because they said it was impossible for me to accomplish something like this. I got upset and talked to my family and they said I could do anything I want as long as I believe in my self and let no one put me down. So I got right back on that “horse” and stuck to my goal. I got bruises and scabs but you know what I got better and better each day I tried and succeeded every time. Today I ride a two wheeler all because my family cheered me on. They gave me the strength and will power to succeed, accomplish, and complete my goal.

I remember the time in my life were I had to make the biggest choices in my life. CSAP was coming! CSAP was coming! CSAP is important to me because it determines what life you will live. Either the life of a good education and your dream job or no good education instead of working at your dream job you will be living by your dream job. I was pressured with everything I was thinking about but my family said I could do it because if I did not try I would fail but most of all I would fail myself .they motivated me and helped me study until it was time for the life changing test. When the day came I was very nervous. I placed my pencil on the paper and hoped for the best. One year had passed and it was the first day of school. I got off the bus and looked for my name and I found it! I was proud of myself and my family because they were the ones that helped me when no one else did. They gave me the confidence I never had.

Through out the years my family helped me in all my situations and always had my back that’s why I will never ever forget the time I needed them more than ever. It was around summer and I was at the park with some friends. We were tired and were about to head off to my house when all of a sudden I skidded out from in front of a car and then it all went black. It was as if the life got sucked out of me. For three days I could not do any thing it was like I was in a nightmare I could never wake up from. When I woke up I was in a white room I thought I died but then I saw the wonderful faces of my family. They had stayed there with me the whole time not once did they leave. The doctor came in and said I was fine just bumps and bruises and some stitches in my head. My family was relieved to hear that I was okay. My family helped me get stronger and better each day. Thanks to my family I was ok.

I can’t wait for my future because I know good things will happen. I learned the most important lesson ever which was to never let your family go or else you will be lost. Even though you think you don’t need them you will still end up with good guidance for the rest of your life. I know there embarrassing but hey that’s how they come!