I Believe in the power of personal growth and the power of the mind

Pablo - San Diego, California

My life experiences have taught me that the driving force behind my every achievement and conquest comes from the power of my mind and my own desire for personal growth.

Raised in a Spanish home with strong values, the notion of appreciation and hard work were always reinforced. Watching my father religiously put on a tie day after day and work, 9 to 5 I quickly learned the value of work and realized that nothing in this world is free. Every toy, every piece of clothing and every spoonful of food fed to me, came with hard work. As summer jobs and household chores became a must, I soon realized that my own life would be surrounded by work. As I developed this new appreciation for work I soon discovered that it is not necessarily work that conquers all task, but yet a strong mind.

This fact was first introduced one night at the dinner table. Frustrated with his job my father confessed that he had lost his fifteen thousand dollar promotion. Disappointed in him-self he was determined to regain his rise. Every morning he continued to button his shirts and loop his ties, never once did he complain. It was then that I realized that it takes a strong minded person to over come hardships. My father’s strength and self motivation was the driving force behind his need for redemption.

With this new perspective of mental strength, work soon became something I welcomed and enjoyed. I even took it upon myself to take on challenges in every task. What I came to recognized was that I am able to push myself to greater heights and conquer new challenges.

I believe it takes a strong and dedicated mind to achieve any goal desired. A strong mind engages in work and finds meaning, and satisfaction within work. A weak mind will not pursue work, will become passive, reluctant and lack progressive personal growth. My definition of personal growth is the ability to make every day a meaningful and progressive learning experience. I believe viewing work in the best light and maintaining a strong mindset is the key to reaching my full potential.

It is my mental discipline that drives me to continuously grow, and the belief that I can do anything I put my mind to. I view each day as a window full of opportunity to make my life progressively better. Whether it is my commitment towards my job or my dedication to the gym, I view each day as a learning experience. I also believe that I can learn something new and important from every challenge that I am faced with.