These Three Remain

Kacie - Austin, Texas

I believe in three constant and remaining ideas that will not fail me: faith, hope and love. In fact, these three ideas are the main reason for my faith and my beliefs encompassed in the three. To me, there is no greater way to live life. When I’m down, there is no better solution than to look to faith, hope and love. It is my fall-back and my inspiration to life.

I was going to write about tolerance, but the more I began to think about my beliefs and sit in front of the blank computer screen, I realized what my core belief was. The words did not flow out of my mouth as easily. Expressing how I feel about faith, hope and love pours from my inner-most being. It is the core of who I am and what I pray I exude to others. There is no greater meaning to life than that of these three ideas in my experience.

I would not be alive on this earth today if not for the faith I have in Christ, the hope I have in my future, and the love I have been given and have to give in return. My faith has saved me from many mistakes during my lifetime. It has rescued me from my negative behaviors and continues to shape me into the person I strive to be. Next, the hope I have in myself, in others and in my Savior has been an encouragement when nothing else was going positively. Without a hope in the possibility of a better future, I would have no dreams and goals to look forward to achieving. I can believe for things I do not yet see. Lastly, love is what inspires and excites me on a daily basis. I could not imagine the world without it. Life would be extremely boring and uneventful. Love is the intangible in which I see in the smallest of things. A small event like a much needed hug from a friend, the sound of laughter from a baby playing peek-a-boo, or falling in love for the first, second, or third time. The love expressed from family, friends and strangers can be just the thing for a broken, sad, or even a happy heart.

This is what I can believe in at the end of the day. My life is complete only when I can receive and give these three things: faith, hope and love.