I Believe In Helping Others

Jordan - Cherry Hill, New Jersey

I believe that everyone in the world has a reason for living and something that they personally are meant to contribute to society. Every human being has something that drives him or her and ultimately makes them a valuable asset to the world around them. I believe in helping others to find this innate quality inside them selves and help them channel it out to help those around them. I believe that helping one another is the way we truly find happiness. I believe that using our strengths to help the people around us is a primary law of the universe and must be practiced in our every day lives. This same law applies with everything in our universe, just as in nature the trees help to supply the earth with oxygen and the sun provides us with much of our energy.

It is this belief that has caused me to help others in my every day life, without ever being asked to do so. To lend a hand even when someone never asks or is unfriendly towards me. Helping one another is such a powerful behavior that when you grant a person the feeling that they are cared for by others, and that people genuinely want to help them, it can oftentimes turn a persons bad day into a good one and a feeling they had of despair into a feeling of great self-worth. I believe we should not only treat one another with respect, but also help one another to be our best every day of our lives and feel good about our individual uniqueness. I believe that my personal reason for living is to help others in every way I know how.

It is this belief that drives me each and every day to strive to become the person that I know I can be and have a positive effect on others lives. Often times this behavior is as simple as holding the door open for someone I don’t know or smiling at someone when they pass me by. Each and every day we affect one another greater than we will ever consciously be aware of. Whether it is negative or positive every interaction we have with one another has an effect on all of us.

Because I believe we all have something to give to this world, I oftentimes look to see what others are unknowingly giving to me. I then help them to channel this to others by telling them how great this trait I see in them is and cause them to use it to help the world around them. Over the years I have seen others struggle with work that comes easy to me, or lack the physical ability to do something I know I can do effortlessly. What if I just stood back and let them fail? We all have the ability to do what we put our minds too, sometimes we just need a helping hand. It is my belief that we all need to be that helping hand to one another.

It is this belief that has molded me into the man I am today. To see the ability in others, to give back all that has been given to me, and know that we all have something unique to share with this world. It is this belief that also causes me to make the best out of every situation, to treat others the way I wish to be treated, and shrug off another persons attempt to cause me any unhappiness. We all effect one another greater than we will ever consciously know, so next time you see someone who needs a helping hand, be that hand and in turn this world will be that hand for you.