An adventure of my life

Nicole - Aurora, Colorado

An adventure of my life

By: Nicole H

I believe in books. You heard me I believe in those hard coveredfloppy covered, word filled, page after page rectangles. I believe that each chapter is a year in my life. Every single birthday I have, another chapter is added to my book. My book is called An Adventure of My Life, by Nicole Hardiman. Every year I wait and wait for that 365 page long chapter to be added. I’m 11 now, almost 12, so that means I have 11 chapters in my book, I can’t wait until chapter 12 is added.

One happy chapter of my life is when I was 1 year old, I had just moved into my new house. My family and I moved because the house I lived in before was too small. My mom and dad had to buy a bigger house. I love my house I live in now; I have been living in that house for 11 years. It is the best house I have ever lived in even though it is basically the only house I have ever lived in. My house is the best house because I’ve had a lot of great memories there, like when I got my brand new plasma screen television, I had to keep it a secret from everyone else because I was the only one that knew we bought it.

A second, more painful, chapter is when I was 7 years old; I had cut my cheek with glass. You see I was playing tag with my brothers in my house. I was having a lot of fun until I got cut. My big brother Scott became it, so I ran under the dinning room table. I put my head down on the floor then suddenly……….. “Ouch!!!” I ran up stairs to my mom. Blood was everywhere. Thankfully I didn’t have to get stitches.

A third most memorable chapter happened when I was 10 years old. My brother Brian had been friends with a boy named Elijah for a year. He kept on telling me stories about Elijah’s 3 baby sisters Vanessa, Emelia, and Brianna. One day I decided to go over to Elijah’s house with Brian. When I got there I quickly asked, “Where are your sisters?” Then Brianna, Vanessa, and Emelia came down. I had said, “Hi I’m Nicole.” From then on we have been friends.

The last and most shocking chapter I have to tell happened when I was 11 years old. You see, I was walking down to my friend’s school to pick her up. I started walking across the street, then suddenly a car started coming down the street. So I started running because I was trying to cross the street but I tripped and fell. The car quickly stopped. I got up and saw that I was bleeding. I had cut my face and knee. Even though I got hurt was still laughing. Every time I fall I start laughing because I think it’s funny when I get hurt.

I can’t wait to see how the rest of my book goes. I mean I wonder where I’ll live or who my friends will be. I also wonder how long I’ll live. Last I wonder if my book will stay with me forever. I guess for now I’ll just have to wait and see.