The Power of Friendship

Everardo - Aurora, Colorado

The Power of Friendship

By Everardo V

I had this friend, my best friend actually, and we would always hang out together. But one day, he didn’t show up to school. I thought it was no big deal, “He’s probably sick,” I said to myself. The next day came and I still didn’t see him. It was like that for about two weeks. This essay is sure to explain to you why I believe in FRIENDS

When my friend didn’t go to school, I asked my teacher about it. She said she didn’t know anything, but she told me no one called to excuse him. So, I went to his house after school. No one answered the door. I started to be very suspicious. The next day, my teacher told me to stay after class. After everyone left, she told me that she knew why my friend didn’t go to school. She started to talk very slowly. “About two weeks ago, he and his parents were in a tragic car accident,” she choked. “They took him to the hospital, but he……died.” For weeks, I was in shock; I still couldn’t believe that he was gone.

For about a month, I had no friends. I was like the outlier of the school. I really missed my friend. But one day, a boy named Mike came over to ask me to play. Happy that I might make a new friend, I agreed to play. I said to myself, “I have to face the horrid truth, my friend is gone and I must move on.” Having a new friend really did help me move on.

In the end, I lost a great friend, but I gained one, too. With the help of my new pal, I was able to stop feeling miserable about the death of my friend. I have discovered that the power of friendship is strong and can overcome anything. That is why I believe in FRIENDS.