believing and achieving

Kayla - aurora, Colorado

Believing and achieving!!!

By: Kayla R. B

A lot of people may not agree with me, but I believe, if you believe YOU can achieve! Sometimes you feel unconfident about yourself and your choices. I will forevermore remember the words of my father, “If you wakeup one day and say it’s going to be a bad day, you will have a bad day.” This means, that if you want to give up, you have the choice to give up, or the option of believing in yourself, and continuing your journey through life!

I have had some memories with this belief. The first one is when I was ten, and my sister was four. She learned how to do a flip on the trampoline, yet I still couldn’t. My sister said, “Come on Kayla, and try it!” Finally, I climbed on, got the courage up, and said aloud, “I know I can,” over and over again.

Soon I jumped up, felt the wind in my face and fell right on my back!! It didn’t feel good but I kept trying. I kept doing my procedure. Now I can do many tricks. Namely, a Stomach Drop, Back Drop and a Flip! (I am now working on a Back flip though!)

Another time I believed and achieved is when I was 5. My grandma can play the piano really well. I thought that was really cool! I believed I could play the piano. I was taught by GREAT Piano and Orchestra teachers by the names of Jenna Flemming and Ms. Hobein. I am now 12 and can play anything on the piano OR the violin.

Right now I am reading the dictionary. My goal is to finish the dictionary by March twelfth (that would be three months!)And so far I am achieving that goal! I am doing this because I want to see how good my reading skills are. You might be thinking that I am nuts! But I love challenges! Many people have been saying to me that I am nuts! And they have been asking me, “Why are you reading the dictionary?” Even my literacy teacher said “you remind me of Freak.” (From the book Freak the Mighty by W. Rodman Philbrick)

Remember, if you can believe, you can achieve, and you will succeed!