Family Is Everytinhg

Carlos - Aurora, CO 80017, Colorado

Family Is Everything

By: Carlos A. Castro

When most kids think of family, they think; Blah, but when I think of family, it is much deeper then that. And I think everyone should. Without your family, nothing in your life would be as good or bad as it is. To most people family is something that is just there, but I believe family is a purpose or a way of living.

Things may not always go according to plan, but that is life and you need to remember that. I believe families should be loving, fun to be around, and supportive. My family is all three, I could think of so many stories in which my family proved to be loving, but one stands out among the rest. My soccer team and I were on a roll, a seven game winning streak; we thought nobody could stop us, until we traveled to Vail for a chilly game. The first half began slow 0-0 at the end of the first half. With about 10 minutes to go in the game they slip a lucky goal by us. Were not worried, we’ve done this before. A few minutes went by and nothing is happening for either team, a few more minutes go by and we still have not scored. We had chances but couldn’t execute. 10 seconds to go, we are now panicking we couldn’t get the job done. My parents could have been disappointed in me but instead they cheered me up and I got over it. That is just one of the hundreds of stories to prove my family is a loving one.

I think and believe family should be fun as well as being loving. Without a fun, energetic, family everybody would have a dull, boring, blank life. My family is unique and fun to be with, that’s why my life is enriched by them so much. I am glad to say my family is who they are, they don’t pretend to be anyone that they are not. My family is not just fun, or great, they are extraordinary. Every dinner, family movie or just regular day, the room will be filled with laughs and smiles. Not many people can say they are proud of who there family is, most people are embarrassed but I think that should change.

Family shouldn’t just be loving and fun they need to support your decisions no matter what. If you look up “Support” in the dictionary it will say, “To encourage” not to put down. Your family should do the same thing. They should do the same they should stand by you any time you mess up. My family has proved they are supportive so many times I can’t even count them any longer. One story proves that fact more then the rest. A couple of years ago I made the decision to play competitive soccer, they could and should have said “No, it’s too much money” but they didn’t they said “Of course!” Now it has become part of our lives. And we love it.

Loving, fun, and supportive. The reasons I love my family so very much. They don’t have to do all the things they do for me but they do anyway. No matter what I do or way I go my family is by my side and we get through it together. My family is the reason I do everything I do.