The Truth

Kevin - Aurora, Colorado

Do you ever hate it when you tell the truth, but the people who heard you didn’t believe you? I’ve always done my homework as hard as I can, but my parents never believed that I tried my best, it was as if I did one percent of what I could really do. Maybe your parents don’t believe you for doing something you didn’t.

Sometime last week, I was playing games and my mom said she had to attend an important meeting, as she was sweating, and told me to go to sleep at nine. Hours later, it was nine o’ clock and I has went to bed, but I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking about my day and what I could do tomorrow that would be better than what I did today. Soon it was ten o’ clock, and my mom was home. When she saw me she said that I lost her trust. I said I stopped playing at nine o’ clock, which was the truth, but she didn’t believe me.

Another day, I forgot to bring my homework and there was still only one day left to bring it. I was frustrated and frightened about what would my parents say. When I got back to my house after school, I searched all around my room, and then I had searched all around my house. Everything was all cleaned out, like if I just picked up everything and threw it in the trash. Later my dad told me he had cleaned up the whole house and threw away my homework, thinking it was old class work. I spent two hours searching in the trash bags, but nothing was there. Soon on the next day I told my teacher what happened, but she didn’t believe me and I was furious.

Everyone, no matter who you are, the truth is the hardest thing to believe, and something probably happened in your life to prove it. Doing the right thing, but the person listening didn’t believe you. Maybe you cleaned up your room, but your brother took the credit and your parents don’t believe the truth and all your work was for nothing. The truth can be the hardest thing to except, this I believe.