Power of Family

Damian - Maryville, Tennessee

Power of Family

I believe that the power of a strong and loving family conquers all. Growing up my parents weren’t the greatest but did a fair enough job raising me. I was treated as least important compared to my sisters. I intend to learn from my parents mistakes, inheriting the good and avoiding the bad when raising my own children. Growing up in a family with two loving parents builds good character and strong values. I don’t intend to be an absentee parent. Working three part time jobs, still barely making ends meet I wouldn’t have much time to devote to my family. This was my main reason for furthering my education, so I can make more money with less time away. I believe that he home is your castle, a place where the family can feel safe and loved. No matter how bad of a day the kids had at school or the wife had at work, they can always come home to warmth and security. Brothers and sisters should be taught to respect and care for each other. I believe the family comes first and in making sacrifices to provide a better well being. I want my children to have more than I did and to be a much better person than I. The things we learn the first five years of our lives we never forget. I learned to swim at age three and though it has been several years since near the water, I can still perform the butterfly and backstroke without hesitation. These are the most important years of a child’s learning development. I plan to enroll my kids in any activity during this time period that will be beneficial to them later, like martial arts. There they will develop self worth, good morals, and learn the importance of physical fitness. They will also learn self defense so they will be able to defend themselves against bullies and assist any person in need of help. I believe in running a home with strict but not militant rules. Having responsibilities for the upkeep of a household like chores is something that is being neglected today. Teaching kids to mow the grass, clean house and first aid are skills they will use later. This will teach the importance of being well organized and will help them manage their own families one day. The most important thing of being a good father and husband next to protecting and providing for, is to always find time for your family. I would enjoy playing catch with my son or even brushing the hair of my daughter’s dolls, just to put a smile on their face. A neglected child is one who will seek out that absent companionship elsewhere, perhaps with drugs or the wrong crowd of friends. Keeping a close, loving family where everyone can communicate with, trust, and depend on each other will create a close and unbreakable bond that will last for many generations.