A One Class System

Cody - Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Themes: equality

I never really thought about what I believed in until just a couple of days ago. I had given it a quick thought once or twice but never really came up with anything. Now that I have put time into thinking about it, I realize that I am somewhat of a Communist. I don’t mean to preach, but having a one class system where everyone is treated the same is what I believe in.

I have seen, during my many years of schooling, people being teased, beaten up, made fun of, being favorites, and many other things. I always wondered why people have to treat other people as if they are dirt. I believe that if we all would just treat each other the same, the world would be a better place. I was raised to treat everyone the same, and I am proud to be raised that way. Yet, when I look around my school, I see people being treated so differently. Seeing things like that just really irritate me. That goes on to the topic of work. I see people who are lazy and just sit around doing nothing while their partners do all the work. If everyone would work the same, we would be rewarded the same. If you don’t do the work, you aren’t rewarded.

If this one class system was applied to jobs, people would be motivated to do better, because the group would truly be as strong as the weakest link. If one person were to not do their work, the others would suffer because they are all rewarded and punished the same. Think, for example, about a company. If there are five workers, and only four do their work, the group efficiency is knocked down to eighty percent. Therefore, the whole group would be rewarded only for what they worked-the eighty percent.

I believe in a system where we are all treated the same; a system where no one is acted differently upon. Many of the traits of this system-not utilizing preferential treatment, sharing, and working together, are the things I have been brought up to believe in, and I will keep believing in them until my time is up.