My Dr. Phil

Christine - Laguna Niguel, California

I believe in the power of friendship. Everyone has friends but I am lucky enough to have my very own best friend, Ali. When I say best friend I don’t mean a random acquaintance or a friend you make in class I mean an honest to goodness best friend. The kind of friend that when you meet them there is that instant indescribable bond that will link you both forever. They are your rock your sounding board and your therapist. Who else is going to tell you to step away from the cookie dough and answer your phone call at 3am?

I believe that a true best friend is hard to come by, and that I’m blessed to have such an amazing person in my life. Best friends are the people that learn and grow with you and teach you things about yourself that you never knew before. Best friends encourage and believe in you when you give up and lose faith in yourself. Ali has held me up in my darkest moments and taught me to be a better person. Ali knows more about me than anyone else and can read my mind without me saying a word.

I have no doubt that Ali and I will be there for each other forever. We are the kind of best friends that no matter how far apart we are, or how long we go without talking to each other the moment we are together everything just falls back into place and we pick up right where we left off. Our friendship is above the passage of time; time seems to just stand still when we are apart.

In our friendship there is a give and take, moments where we get to be somewhat of a “Dr. Phil” lending advice and receiving it, always in the spirit of trying to comfort the other. Ali and I are drawn toward each other by the traits that we lack in ourselves. Ali is the sweetest most caring, self-less person I have ever met whereas I am brutally honest and extremely independent. Ali softens me and makes me a more positive person and I help to keep her from being a doormat.

Our friendship has grown throughout the years and I excitedly awake to see what the future has in store for us; and the many great adventures and challenges that we will get to experience together. Ali is now and forever my rock, therapist, and best friend.