The World with No Class

Ben - Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I believe in a classless society. For millions of years now society in which we live has based its way of existence off class. Class defines who people are. Most people see three different classes, they see rich, poor, and middle class. Depending on what class people are put in by society, it can make people like you or hate you.

About a month ago I was going to check out a department store and I noticed in another check out, waiting in line was the full range of classes. There was what looked to be a poor person checking out with all the clothes that was one sale. She was digging in her pockets for change, then she shook her head almost saying “I’m sorry I don’t have enough.” The cashier took a shirt away and continued to check out. Behind the women was what looked to be a middle class working mom that is buying clothes for her family. Behind her was a business man in a full suit and tie talking on an expensive phone. He had a tuxedo to buy.

Classes almost always have to do with money. It is a measure of the amount of money you have. Classes restrict people from doing things that want to do, like going to a college of their choice or even going to college at all. In a classless society people would be able to have a choice of college where they would go because you would not be denied because of money.

Without a class system everyone would be the same. There would be no poor there would be no rich. Everybody would have the same amounts of money. Russia had communism and that was a classless society. There is no need for people to feel down that they don’t have enough money.

I believe in a classless society where everybody would be the same. There would be less violence, less wars, and less problems in the world. All though some people may not like my take on a classless society, this is what I believe.