The Game Of Love

Amanda - Indianola, Iowa
Themes: love

Most people think that love is something you say to make someone else feel good. I believe that love is not a game. Love is not something that is laid on a table to gamble with. Caring about a significant other is what makes love happen. Happiness and honesty are the keys to a good relationship.

A tight red ribbon holds together my torn bleeding heart. From hurt feelings, it leaves it desiring for much more than needed. Defending and protecting that ribbon, is one of the most important things I live to do. In the beginning that ribbon was a bright, radiance, red color. Throughout my life, though, I have had many difficult situations, in which that ribbon has become a dark, blunt color.

Love should be considered the root of the world. It descends from the bottom of an empty heart and ascends to the life outside. Someone once told me: “to never give the key to your heart away unless you know for sure it won’t be abused.” I believe that, that key comes from my personality. My personality is a variety of happy and crazy moments.

I have had many difficult problems in my life. I have had few boyfriends, but never found the right one for me. That ribbon has been untied and retied many times and my heart has fallen apart because of the decisions of others. My recent past relationship has given me some trouble along the way; but I am hoping that love will show through and god will guide us on the path to a wonderful story book ending. I hope my life becomes planned out to where I have nothing to worry about or wait for. When we mend broken relationships we realize that we’re better together than apart, and perhaps even stronger for the rip and the repair. I have heard from some people that they are scared of growing older because of the fact of being alone.

Love should never be sheltered by concern or fear. I have many experiences that have shown me that being afraid to love never got me anywhere. I have always been the one to be afraid to love because of getting my heart broken in the process. It seems to be an ongoing thing that happens to me. It’s hard to trust someone without knowing what will happen or take place. Life is full of distracting obstacles that can be overcome by believing in love. Of course, I also don’t believe in love at first sight. Loving is never a mistake, it is a desirable feeling of caring for someone.

Should the world evolve around love or just be something that everyone plays with? Don’t take for granted the most important thing that this world has to offer. Take pride in what and who you love. In turn it will be worth the risk in the end. Love is not only a feeling; it is an emotional distraction and affection for two people that were meant to be together.