Joseph - Chester, Virginia

I believe there is a place for everyone on earth. It does not matter the persons race, gender or religion, there is something that is specific and important that each person does that everyone benefits from. This can vary from doing a simple good deed or the job that one works. Everybody is good at something so there is no reason for people to be doing nothing with there life.

My belief that there is a place on earth for everyone began when I was a young child. My mom inspired this belief, always telling me of be careful who I judge. To laugh at a person because of a birth defect or a job occupation that is not desired by many people was shunned by my parents. My mom would explain to me that God has a plan for everyone and that is why we are here. This is where I learned that no matter what a person does with their life, what matters is that they are doing something instead of nothing.

Peoples’ occupations benefits society greatly. Those who get educated and go to college can obtain office jobs in the big cities or be somebody’s boss and tell everyone to do. Those who do not go to college and decide to go into the job field make up much of the population in the United States now. It is important to get an education and know how equipment operates but it is also important to have someone who knows how to work with that equipment. There are people who work for Virginia Dominion Power who sit at desks all day and tell people that power lines need to get fixed new poles for power lines need to put up but it takes the manual laborers who know how to string up lines and dig spots for the poles to make sure everything gets done right and everyone in Virginia has electricity.

One of the most important jobs is the mailman. If people did not have their mail delivered, then they would not receive bills and letters from family members or friends. However, no matter what job somebody has, they may be doing more than they thought they would. The news recently covered a story on a letter carrier who delivered mail to someone’s front porch, when a two year old girl fell out of a second story window and into the letter carriers arms, saving the girls life. The little girl had no injuries. Sometimes, no matter what a person’s occupation, they may be going above and beyond their job skills.

Whether someone has a college degree or just a high school education, there is a place on this earth for them. There is always a need for people in the military, mailman, janitors, garbage men, and other manual labor jobs. No matter what someone does with their life, get out there and do something. Live life to its fullest because nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. My belief works for me because if I do not succeed at something, I either try harder at what I failed or realize that it’s not for me and find something that I am better at.