Failure is the Ultimate Success

Christopher - Chesapeake, Virginia

I believe in failure. Failure brings disappointment, but with disappointment comes an urge to succeed. Some people call it failure, but I call it motivation. This motivation pushes me to get better and better until at last success is made. When Thomas Edison was trying to create the light bulb people said that he failed over 2000 times; however, Edison said, “I did not fail 2000 times; I found 2000 ways not to make a light bulb.” Life brings challenges and if we do not challenge ourselves we will never succeed.

I believe in failure even though it hurts. When we fail at something we become disappointed. This disappointment consumes our bodies and gives us a terrible feeling. This is the same feeling we get when we get up to the plate, down two runs in the bottom of the 9th inning, and we strike out loosing the game. Most people when they get this feeling, they are compelled to get rid of it, and they do this by trying and trying again. As the old saying goes, “If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.”

I believe that we learn from failure. When we fail we can look at what we have done and learn from our mistakes. “History has a way of repeating itself,” we all have learned this through school, and we all know this is true. When we fail we teach ourselves a new way of not doing what we are trying. Learning from the past is the best way to teach ourselves how to do something. Our history books have taught us many bad things that have happened in the past, but because we have seen the consequences we have found a way to succeed in the present.

I believe in failure, because when we fail we come closer and closer to success. Once we fail we can recognize errors in our ability and try to fix them. If there is more than one error in our doing, then we fix them one at a time. When we fix errors in life we eliminate failure and come closer to success.

Failure and success are one with each other. You cannot have success without failure; like-wise you cannot have failure without success. We all fail at some point in our lives and we can never expect to always succeed. To gain knowledge means to succeed. We succeed through repetitious failure. Therefore in order to gain knowledge we must fail not just once, but many times. “If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.”