Life and Love

Melody - Gainesville, Florida
Themes: family, love

For as far back as I could remember I wanted a big white wedding with flowers and many guests. But never could I have imagined what lay beyond the wedding picture. I always envisioned what it would be like to be married. Life threw me a curve-ball when I met my husband in high school. I was pretty self-conscious (what teenager wasn’t?!) and I never thought that I would marry my high school sweetheart like a lot of my other high school friends had.

I pictured a marriage that would be happy for a short period of time and fall apart, like my parents marriage had. Their marriage only lasted a year and a half before they divorced and there were other problems they faced that I also feared facing in my own marriage.

While I am only coming up on my second anniversary, there are extreme differences in the way I view my marriage now, as opposed to how I envisioned it to be growing up. I know I don’t know much about marriage and I have a LONG way to go before I can say that we’ve stood the test of time, but can’t imagine spending my life any other way. No matter what we go through, good or bad, the point is life doesn’t turn out the way you expect it. If anything, it turns out to be something so much more different than you could dream.

My husband is a wonderful man and has always persevered; he has been my hero. There are so many great qualities about him that inspire me want to be more like him and make me love him beyond words. I trust my husband, but more than that I believe in what our marriage stands for. The bible puts it best; 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says “Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…”

This I believe.