Dream Big

Carolyn - Apple Creek, Ohio
Themes: hope

“Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.” -James Lane Allen

I believe that dreams are essential for a full life. Everybody has been asked what he or she wants to be when he or she grows up; I know I have. Ever since I was little I have always liked working with animals on our five hundred acre dairy farm. We used to have a cow that was mostly black with some white spots. She was what we call a “pet” which to us means a cow we can walk up to and pet. Well she came down a disease that made her very sick. She eventually got better but she didn’t give any milk, so my parents were forced to sell her. Ever since that day I have wanted to be a vet and make a difference.

I am sure my story sounds like many other stories that have been told in the past, but I am sure there are many people out there, who as children have dreamed of having a specific job, whether it is being a fashion designer, or a fire fighter. It is the people that are truly adamant in their dreams that will actually have them come true. It is these people that live the fullest lives because they actually succeeded in their dreams.

Dreams are also vital for a full life because they give hope to keep moving on in life. I would bet there are many people out there that have thought and dreamed about the future. In them dreaming about the future they start to think to the future. I hope that the people out there who do dream of the future do think of how the world could be better because it is these people who will actually attempt to change anything and in this have a fuller life. This kind of thinking is what helped the Allies to win World War Two, and a baseball team to win a game. These things happened because the people believed in their dream of a better future.

Dreams are definitely and important part of a full life. Whether you dream of a better world, or a future job if people are determined enough their dreams will happen and they will have a rich experience in the process of making these dreams happen. So dream constantly because when people look back to the past when they are old, they see how much their dreams affected their lives.