Money is Not Everything

Naomi Fetzer - Apple Creek, Ohio

“A happy person is not a person in a set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.”

-Hugh Downs

I believe that money cannot buy you happiness. Many people believe that it is possible but it is not. It might make you happy for a while but then the happiness goes away.

I really wanted a cell phone. Any cell phone would be better than no phone, right? So, I got a cheap phone – an inexpensive phone. For a month to two, I was really happy but I really wanted one with texting. I got a new one. The old one did not bring me happiness any more. I got my new phone after a while and was very happy but only for a few months. Everyone had new and better phones, so I wanted one too. The older one did not bring me happiness anymore. No matter what you buy, the happiness will not last.

Last year, my family had a reunion, it didn’t sound like fun but I went anyways. When I got there I did not even know half of the people. It took a few hours but then I remembered some of the people and was reacquainted with the others. Before I knew it the reunion was over and it was time to go home. When I got home that night, I realized that I was happy, really happy. And I realized another thing, that I hadn’t spent any money at all.

Happiness can’t ever be bought. You have to find it within yourself. Money is not everything, Happiness is all around you, you just have to find it.