I Believe in Love

Kerdwin - Gainesville, Florida
Themes: love

I Believe In Love

I believe in love. I believe that love is the key to happiness. Most of us need love and want love but do not understand love. It is amongst the most misunderstood concepts the world has ever known. I believe in showing love, practicing love and receiving love. God says in the bible that He is love. I believe in God; I believe in love. It is the reason why we have been created and its absence would cause only the most terrible of things. I also believe in love because it is the opposite of hatred.

Is there a specific definition of love or is it purely subjective? Maybe the definition varies. One thing is for sure, love is a powerful motive even when its definition is obscured and misunderstood. People do the craziest things “in the name of love” even when they do not fully comprehend its concepts. This is because we want love and most importantly, we need love.

Love, like everything else in the world, is not perfect. Through our experiences with love we come to realize that we do not always live “happily ever after”. Love can also be a strong, impelling force that sweeps through our lives like a hurricane and destroys everything in its path, only to disappear and be remembered by those victimized by its wrath. Yes, I believe it is dangerous but I believe in the motto “no pain, no gain”. Who dares to say that they’ve lived their life to the fullest without giving or receiving love? Who dares to say that it is more important to avoid being rejected, and taken advantage of than to risk such possibilities and love with all of our strength and knowledge?

This same love I believe in is both freedom and slavery, compromising yet promising, hurtful yet helpful, and risky but worth every second. This feeling can drive you to madness and despair but more importantly it drives us to dedication and sacrifice. It is so difficult to grasp this concept yet we strive incessantly to embrace it. Faith is about believing without seeing or understanding. I believe in love. I have faith in love even when I don’t understand it or see it being practiced around the world. I choose to practice love with people who practice it and even those who do not. Love is unconditional.

There are so many things to say about this subject. It is a feeling that cannot be measured, chartered, controlled, or even contained. It comes to those who believe in it and even those who do not. Love cannot be explained through science and psychological theories. I believe love is immeasurable and infinite, science is neither. So, whether you understand the concept of love or not, I urge you to give it a try. It is simply the most wonderful feeling in the world. Who can say no to that?