Friendship and Brotherhood

Daniel - Goose Lake, Iowa

Friendship and Brotherhood

I believe that your friends are the most important thing that anyone can have. They are always there for you no matter what happens. Friends are the people that you can trust with your life, that you would risk yourself just to save, and that you can always go to in need of help. Your friends are also a part of your family, even if they don’t have the same last name. Friends keep us motivated and push us to the next level, even if we don’t think we can make it there.

Any of your problems in your life you can take to your friends because you know that they will be able to help. I have friends that I can look to for help and I am always willing to help them. In addition to friends, you will have enemies. In my past I have had many enemies that range from arguing with me to threatening to kill me and even trying to. The one night that my friends were not with me was on a Friday night in Clinton, Iowa about two years ago, I was walking to my friend’s home, who lived about fifteen blocks from where I was at and I got jumped and beaten by four people. I got stabbed with a knife in my arm, where a scar has formed. Every time I look at it I think about what happened that night. I hid the cut where no one could see it because I did not want to attract any attention to myself from my friends, family, or anyone who would want to find out what happened. Now I am always with my friends wherever I go or I have someone pick me up because I know that they will watch after me and I will do the same for them.

A true friend knows you for whom you are and accepts you for yourself and not something that they want you to be. They could take one look at you and know how you are feeling and what is on your mind.