Nick - East Lansing, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in making the most out of every day. I know, I know, a lot of people say this time and time again. But I honestly believe in this idea and I take it to heart every single day. I think there is this notion that every second of every day you have to be doing something to make the most out of that day. But that is asking a lot out of one person. Seriously though, can you make the most out of the day when you are going to the bathroom or tying you shoelaces? Not really. I believe if you do one good deed, whether it is small or big, that makes somebody else’s and or your life better then you are making the most out of the day. I believe that if you hold the door open for an elderly person, you are making the most out of your day. I believe that you let somebody go first even though you were at the four way stop before them, you are making the most of your day. I believe if somebody needs a quarter and only has two dimes and you give them the nickel they need, you are making the most of your day. I believe that if you eat a healthy dinner, you are making the most out of your day. I believe if you go for a walk or run, you are making the most out of your day. These are just examples of small things that helps others out and it return it should make you feel better about yourself. Not every day you will be in a good mood or things will go smoothly. But if you do that one good deed it will erase all the negatives that occur during a full day.