Stop, I’m a Good Guy!

Bryant - Virginia Beach, Virginia
Themes: respect

Stop, I’m a Good Guy!

I believe that chivalry is not really dead. Every day us as human beings are face with many opportunities to do what’s right. Its seems that in recent years doing what is right is falling farther from the social norm. In a world where holding the door open for a women is translated as an attempt to seduce her. Where do the honest moral guys fit into this bustling skeptical world?

My father was not around that much so I grew up surrounded by women. This caused me to be the timid quiet kid who was afraid of the ball. Even though the lack of fatherly guidance had a detrimental affect on my growth into a young man. My mother did teach me one of the best lesson I could of learned as a kid, how to respect women.

In my 19 years I have had a generous experience with dating, both the good and the bad. I have had girls breakup with me for all kinds of reasons, of these the most confusing would have to be “your to nice of a guy”. Many people describe me as a stereotypical Eagle Scout; I rarely cuss, don’t drink, and say please and thank you. Since when are these undesirable qualities in a relationship.

I believe that a man can be honestly interested in what a woman has to say, without ulterior motives. Everyday I came across this, a woman will immediately go on the offensive as soon a small talk is attempted. The one thing I learned is that as long as there are jerks in the world. A woman’s general feeling for men in general will not change.

Despite all this somehow I still remain optimistic and believe that there is hope. Manners were all the rage fifty years ago. Now it’s socially understood that we are not capable of them anymore. I believe that women should give men a chance because chivalry is far from being dead.