I belive in Life and Happiness

Ryan - West Bountiful, Utah
Themes: carpe diem, hope

This I believe. . . I believe in Life and Happiness.

Growing up, I would always look to my family for advice and wisdom during the hard parts of my life. Decisions (or more accuarately, there outcomes) always seemed to affect how I felt in life. Every once in a while, everyone faces trials and tribulations that they cannot face on their own. I believe that the choices that we make in life now will help us become happy or otherwise in the future. The forks in the road of life are constantly forcing us to take one road or another, but which road will make each of us happy? I believe that when a person dwells on the problems that they face constantly, it shows in their faces and the light that seems to shine within them will fail. So, how do I find happiness? What kind of lifestyle do I want to lead and how do I cope with the uncertainty of what lies ahead of me? I was always glad I could rely on those around me to help me become a good person and be the best person that I could be everyday, no matter what.

My grandmother was that kind of person. Always happy and always smiling, she would make everyone around her find that light within them no matter how dim it was. Her house was always filled with the sweet scent of fresh baked cookies and other treats that she would prepare for us grandchildren. When we talked, it was always positive and always uplifting. She always encouraged us to make the best out of life, be a good honest person and live life to its fullest. I was sad the day that she was taken away from us. It seemed so soon and unexpected but I know it must have been her time to go. Her lessons will continue though. I believe the things that she taught me, that I should never fear the future no matter how scary it may be. Wasting the time we are given here on Earth is not going help us find happiness. In fact, I find that the purpose of life is actually quite simple; the purpose of life is to live it! Live life to the fullest and do the best with the little timean resources that are given us; when we do, I believe that happiness will find us.