I believe in Family

Martin - East Orange New Jersey 07017, New Jersey

I Believe in Family

Living in a world of troubles, stress and turmoil, to have a strong support system is a good thing that could take you far. When school is off track, my friends turn their backs on me, and my boss fires me, my support system always stays the same. It never changes the way it feels about me whether I did something wrong or not, like a girlfriend or boyfriend, and intentions aren’t to judge me like the world does, and exploit me of my faults for entertainment. But corrects me, to make me a better person in the long run, and always looks out for me. I believe in family, big or small, separated or together, and the values it teaches you sometimes gets you further than what you can learn in any book or class room, to never change who I am for a person, but improve on the person I already am.

Throughout my life I have been in different setting, around different types of people, by race, age, economic status, or gender. Seeing and being around different people made me appreciate my family being there for me. When I was a kid I use to hang around older kids. The reason being because that’s what I was use to, being one of the youngest in my family I was use to being around older more mature kids. Sometimes that wouldn’t work to my advantage since I was use to always listening to my older brothers and sisters. The older kids around me would try to make me do something that could get me in trouble, and I would sometimes do it.

There was one time when one of my older friends told me to fight a kid for him the next day, for something I had nothing to do with. I was nervous and told my older brother what was going on. He simply told me to not worry, and that he was there for me, to call him whenever I needed help with something like this, because someone can end up hurt for the wrong reason. The next day my brother came with me to see my older friend, and told him to stay away from me or he’ll have a bigger problem on his hands. I didn’t see that event as him getting on me for hanging around the wrong people. But I seen it as if I’m ever in a bad situation, and family is there to help they will especially if I express myself to them.

Family teaches me to never change through hard times in life. Even when I wanted to give up and seen my situation was hopeless, they still had faith in me. School is not one of my strong points, and my history can prove that. I’ve been through everything from a detention, to being expelled, to summer school, to staying back, to suspended, and being on home study. I even got sent out of school in cuffs which could be very discouraging in anyone’s life. But if I didn’t have that consistency like my support system was giving me, and that will to do better things with my life like I’ve seen my mother and father work for, I wouldn’t be in college today, that’s why I believe in family.