I Believe Everyone Should Go to Private Schol

Wally - Pottstown, Pennsylvania

My experiences in school left me with no regrets upon graduation. I had completed my education to the highest degree graduating with honors among a class of only 23. I ended my high-school athletic career with 12 varisty letters playing soccer, basketball, and baseball in their designated seasons. However, my pride of those 12 years was not in my academics or my athletics. My pride was in the long lasting friendships that were created among fellow Christians who came to West-Mont Christian Academy with me.

I started going to West-Mont since I was only old enough to attend daycare. Upon my kindergarten graduation, I knew that ahead of me would be tests and trials that would mold me to be who I am now. I am thankful to this day that I had the opportunity to learn under such responsible and cultured teachers who served the same God that I did.

Throughout my years I saw many people come and go who were good friends of mine. Some had to move with their family, and some had moved on to bigger and better schools to fulfill either an academic or athletic dream they had. With almost every one of these guys and girls, who I considered at one point my colleagues, were instilled strong relationships still maintained to this day. I can remember the hard times of hearing someone having to leave the state with their parents due to a job replacement. It was always heartbreaking to spend the final day of school knowing that I might not see them again. At the same time however, knowing full well that I would still be in contact just as if they were my own family.

I still see the strong bonds that were formed throughout the halls of my school growing larger as the classes get bigger each year. But my school is not the only school that can build such a respect for your fellow students and teachers in a long-term relationship. I have noticed that every other private school in my area has just as tight of a student body union as mine does.

Each school shows unity in many different ways. For the schools in my local area, our strongest times of joining together were at athletic events. I can still feel the power from the audience of competing schools coming from the bleachers during my senior year’s championship basketball game. I could hear every yell of the crowd beating through my heart as the sweat dripped off my face onto the wood floor. Nothing could ever excite me more than to look to the fans and see two completely different schools fuse together as one group to cheer on both teams.

Private school really is for everyone, not just the wealthier people looking for a better education or athletic competition. Private school is a place for people to meet others and to hold a strong relationship that can last forever.