The golden rule

Evelyn - newtown square, Pennsylvania
Themes: golden rule

You may go through life with only two close friends you can trust with anything, and know that they will always be there for you. You will be lucky if you get through life with at least one friend that will be there for you no matter what, and treat you with the love and respect we all deserve. This i believe in is the golden rule, treat others as you would have them treat you, I believe that everyone should live by it and have it close to them. In high school, I had my best friend from first grade; we did everything together and were always by each others side. We had some fights through out the years, but none like the one in our junior year of high school. I come home with my head in my hands and tears rushing down my face. My knees were shaking and I couldn’t mutter out one word. My mother came to me in a heart beat, not having a clue what was wrong, asking me to talk to her, but i could barely catch my breath. I finally calm down and sit on the couch in our living room and tell her what had happened. I had never been so hurt in my life, to think that my best friend, who i thought would never do anything to hurt me, would write such profanity around school about me. I treated her like a sister and i wouldn’t have ever wanted to do something to hurt her in any way. I told my mom that i had always treated her the way that I would want her to treat me, and i asked why she would do such a thing. Before i know it she came to me telling me how terrible it was to have said what she did. She said that i had always treated her with such kindness and that she wanted to be that way as well, that the kindness i had showed her was what she wanted to show to others, and to be treated that way as well. That the kindness i had showed her, was what she wanted to show to others and to be treated that way as well. The golden rule has been applicable in my life in more than one way; this is just one example of how it has put me in a better place. I strongly believe that this rule and motto should be applied by everyone and to be a solid base for everyones actions. The kindness and love you show to others will reflect off to them and hopefully they will take it and show the same attributes to someone else.