April Showers Bring May Flowers

india - st. davids, Pennsylvania

God has made every season and every season brings forth change. Everything in Him and by Him is beautiful and special. But if this is so, why is it that I despite when the news reports rain? Rain makes the day seem to go by much slower and it sometimes permits me to cancel my plans. April showers do bring May flowers, along with a head ache.

As a little girl I used to like playing in the rain. I did not care if my hair got messed up and I did not mind stepping on all the worms and snails that eased out onto the sidewalks. Now that I am older, and play is not a priority of mine, I no longer fancy such play. When have plans for a picnic or to wear a special outfit, it has to be put on hold due to the fact that I do not want to ruin it. My hair frizzes and my feet get wet; the worst of all is that I am always found without an umbrella. I know I am to prepare myself for such a season that guarantees wet, wet, wet, and more wet!

I can remember when I was in the 6th grade; if it were to rain we were not allowed out for recess. Everyone looked forward to recess because it was when we worked off our excess energy and we knew that once recess was over, we only had a few more hours until we were dismissed. On a rainy day, there is no one found outside, the sun is not shining and everything looks dull. I find this distressing because I love being active. I do like to take walks, walk my neighbor’s dog and take my little sister out on her bike or to the park. Although I am no longer the six year old girl who rolls in grass and chases butterflies, I do however enjoy a good breeze and a picnic with family and friends.

All in all, once the rain is all over and summer finally introduces herself, there is not as much rain and she makes the entire world beautiful. I do appreciate the Lords gift of splendor and newness, but similar to when He works on me, I do not always like the process, but I can trust that in the end He will makes me out to be more beautiful that before.