Believe

Timothy - Mt Sterling, Kentucky

I believe in having confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something. Even if I don’t have absolute proof that I am right in doing so. I believe in having faith and trust. In short, I believe in believing.

Everything starts with the belief of something. People make decisions everyday based on a belief that something will happen as a result of their decision or action, although they have no proof that it will. It is natural for us to believe and to choose not to is a deprivation of a natural instinct of our soul. Believing gives us a sense of security and peace within. The words “I believe you” can bring joy to a face and warmth to a heart. Whether you believe someone’s word or you believe in an idea or philosophy it doesn’t matter. As long as you have faith and do not base everything on proof. Proof can be scarce and sometimes only obtained by dealing catastrophic blows to someone’s feelings. To search for proof after a friend tells you a story can cripple them emotionally. If a friend doesn’t believe you then who will? There is no reason to doubt a friend or anyone else which has never lied or manipulated you.

People lie. It’s a fact of life. But if one never believed a word anyone said then why bother to listen? It would be better in this case to have no friends and speak with no one. By not believing one is wasting their time and the time of the person trying to convince them that what they say is true. No sense of happiness can come from thinking everyone is a liar. If everything were a lie there would be no world and life would be just a figment of our imaginations. Words are the most common things that are given faith. The word of God is one example of truth belief. This word is believed to be unfaltering and of the utmost importance. It is considered the most Believed and, at the same time, most disbelieved books in the world. But Words aren’t the only things one should believe in.

There are copious beliefs one can have and they are all important. Truth be told, it’s impossible not to believe. If one believes in not believing, well I rest my case. The truly important thing is what you believe in. does one believe in people? What I mean is do they believe in society? Can society pull through when I, or anyone else, believes it is falling to pieces? When the world appears to take a turn for the worse can it recover? Of course it can. Good people exist in great quantities. Although the world seems to be in constant turmoil and havoc we must believe in a brighter future, a better tomorrow. For not to believe in this is tragic. Not believing in the future is throwing away the past and the present. Have faith that the sun will rise and one day more good will occur than bad. I believe that people change and society notices. The one belief that keeps me waking up morning after morning is the belief that the future has something great in store for me. I believe that my faith will spread to others and lives will be saved because of me. I believe and hope that I will spread my willingness to believe like a blanket over all those around me. This blanket is not used to cover up the inauspicious but instead show the positive light that all scenarios have.

Everyday I go out showing people I believe and I rub off on someone. Oftentimes it is the someone I least expect. A grumpy uncle who keeps to himself in an old house with no friends and no hopes. Joy can be spread to him during a evening lunch in which one tells him about copious positive aspects in the news. Then wonderful occurrences are often overshadowed by the malevolent acts that’s plague society. Of course this joyful news spreading is overcome by his thoughts of conspiracy and falsities. He is truly unhappy and so are those who are in his presents. He brings people around him down by speaking of only lies and arguing against ideas such as religion or occurrences like the man on the moon. He believes nothing and no one. Apparently the walk on the moon was a Hollywood hoax and religion is a silly idea made from vivid imaginations. This is an unfruitful life lined with peril. One must believe in order to move forward and dream.

If a child was born without the ability to believe then it would never learn, love, or truly live. Each and every person was born to believe and led to prosper through belief. Children learn what was good or bad to eat from their parents and trust these foods without a doubt because their mommy or daddy says there good for them. They never conducted their own research or tested the food for nutrients and vitamins. Children simply have faith and believe. Growing up makes believe a difficult task through it’s trials and tribulations. As we learn that there is a possibility someone is lying to us or that an idea is false even if we based our entire lives in it.

Many people believe in a god. This god’s existence cannot be proven but people still believe. By having faith in their lord, it opens up other doors such as having faith in another human. If a stranger approaches and says “I think you’re a wonderful person and would love to be your friend” what do you do? For starters, I would think they were crazy then doubt them thinking they only want to use me because I don’t know this person so they can’t judge me. The rest of the day is spent worrying why they said it and why they would lie. Why? Why spend the day struggling to believe that they were just wanting to be friends with no strings attached. Believe this person and provide them with a chance. Believe in people at least until they give you a reason not to. Even if or when they give one a reason I believe we should not hold it against them forever. Believe they can change and that they are verily sorry. I believe in second chances and the provision of them. Second chances are something one should believe in and they are right in doing so. Believe in giving a second chance and then do what you believe. This can be used for anything.

Think of what means the most to each and every one of us; our family, A god, our friends. Now what if we didn’t believe them or believe in them? You would be left with nothing. An empty world flooded with sorrows which crash against you like the waves against the rocks. Everything you hold dear now just a falsity which leaves you unnerved each and every time you think of it. Life would be shallow and discontent without belief.

Happiness can be found in belief. Give someone the benefit of the doubt and believe what they say. Notice the comfort that pours through your veins. The peace that inherits your mind when you believe in the truth. If the misery of a lie shallow follow so be it. It’s a fact of life and cannot be avoided for to avoid the disappointment of a lie is to never relish the satisfaction of the truth. That one moment of faith and belief could never be overshadowed by copious moments of doubt and disbelief.