For Them, For Us

Vaniah - Clifton, New Jersey

One most famous question is which came first the chicken or the egg. There are many supporting details for either argument. I do not think it really matters. What does matter is how are the chickens going to properly raise the eggs when they are chicks? Similarly for humans, how are we going to train children, so that they will bring us the better future that we desire compared to the dreadful present that we live? Investing in the children of today and tomorrow is the only way that I believe our future can be like the stars in the sky, their present can have a happier ending, and history will have a deeper meaning.

As a child, my parents told me that my love for others younger than me was fully developed. My parents and I attended a preschool concert. I was enjoying myself in my darling little dress. During the intermission, I heard a little boy crying. Since I was four years old, I was still drinking out of a bottle. So I walked over to the baby still in his rocker and tried to give him my bottle, so he would stop crying. Even though I said nothing, I was trying to encourage him and to let him know that things will get better. I knew that I did not want to see any other toddler around me hurt in any way. If I did, I wanted to find a way to make it better for that child.

When I was a child, I liked to sing, dance, and do both at the same time. One day, I was in my father’s living room wearing overalls and a white tee shirt. My stepmother finished dressing for church, and I decided to perform for her. I remember her believing that I was great. She yelled to my father, “Come see your daughter, Earl. She is wonderful.” He missed a good performance. Because of her belief in me, I continued.

Now, I have a passion to become an elementary school teacher. I will be able to give to children what they will need to excel in the future. The little kids are the ones who will listen. My personal definition of listening is hearing what was said and then thinking of ways to apply the words to one’s life. Some children may understand quicker than others. However, they are ready to be informed about the future. Thus, talking to them will not be words wasted.

As a person of experience, I must take advantage of their shapeless selves and make them into the future I hope for, the present they live, and the history that they can create. Looking around the country, there are many changes that need to be made. These can be made by instilling care, strength, and endurance to the new generations that deserve to realize the situations. The way this world could have a better future is by expecting the new generations to do something.