Finding that Special Someone

Amy - Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

This I Believe: Finding that Special Someone

The world that we live in is full of violence and tragedy. Today the headlines in the news seem to lean more towards shootings, war updates, and over all violence. The one thing that, I feel, many people have forgotten about is love. I believe that everyone, despite what is going on in the world, can find love in their life. Love is an amazing thing once you’ve found that special someone.

It’s a little hard to believe that I, a nineteen year old girl, can honestly say that I’m truly in love. Some say I’m to young and others smile every time I tell them the story. I met the man that I fell in love with when I was in fifth grade. His name is Travis, and it all began when he asked me to a square dance; we were only ten years old. I was so excited about this, because I liked him for a long time. It was like a dream come true for me. Miraculously, we’ve been together ever since. We’ve made it through many ups and down, through middle school and high school, and now working our way through college. I’ll never forget our first date; he picked me up in his jeep in the summer and we went to eat at a little restaurant in town. The feelings that I have when I’m with him are something so unexplainable and rare. I am my happiest with him, and I feel most comfortable when I’m with him. He is truly the joy of my life and I’m so glad that I have found him.

I feel that everyone can have this great feeling: the butterflies in the stomach, sweaty palms, and losing sense of everything else around them kind of feeling when you are with that special someone. I believe that there is that one special person for all of us. Some may look for it all their lives and claim they never found it, others will refuse to admit that there is someone out there for them, and some will eventually find love sometime in their life. It’s never too late and it’s never too early to find them. The special someone may not be a soul mate like me, but it could be a friend, sibling, or relative that you can share anything with.

Being surrounded by love my whole life through God, family, church, and my boyfriend I’ve learned that love is a great thing to have, to share, and to always hold on too. The relationship between my boyfriend and I is so strong, because of our belief in God. I feel that anyone can find love they just need to search in the right places. Everyone may not find their special someone at the age of ten years, but they’re out there and they’re looking just as hard as you are. I believe that everyone can have the happiness that my boyfriend and I share. So, never stop looking!