I believe that how you spend your time makes you who you are

Sunyoung - 19087, Pennsylvania

I sit down in front of my desk with heavy eyelids and a tired body. There are piles of papers, books and a lap top computer on my desk. I jot down heavy schedules for tomorrow every night. A writing planner is one of the ways to check how I spend my time a day. I believe that how you spend your time makes you who you are. Time always gives me new chances to try something different. Depending on how I spend my time, it can really change my life. I believe that time is the best present God gives us. He gives the same amount of time to everyone fairly. No one can get more or less of it, but we use it different ways.

I spent most of the time with my family when I was a child. My parents played soccer, which was my favorite sport, with me every weekend. They told me bible stories every night before I went to bed. I still remember some of the stories that I heard from them. I felt their love and care through the time I spent with them. Through this time spent with my family, I learned how to give love to others.

In my middle and high school years, I spent more than half of the day in school. My friends called me a hard worker. I walked to the train station at the peep of dawn. I opened the book immediately to take the train to save time to read. I always wore my watch and checked it regularly. I saved every single minute to study. I didn’t know why I spent so much time on studying, but I became accustomed to sitting down and studying for a long time. Because of all my time studying during my schooling in Korea, I am able to now have the chance to study in America.

In my college years, I am beginning to offer my time to help people. I used to spend the time by myself and do my work, so it was hard for me to give my time to share with others. I decided to be involved in a team that supported children from low income families. I helped them with their school work and was friends with them. I realized that the more time I spent with the children, the more I learned about happiness and being content with myself.

As I get older, I find that I can’t relive the time that I spent. Every moment I spend can’t return back to me, even though I would do the same thing at the same time tomorrow as I do today. As I look forward to my time in the future, I would like to spend my time to give love to abandoned children as a mother figure.