This I Believe in Charity

Brad - west jordan, Utah

I Believe in… Essay

Many People live on and from charity, it is what helps them keep going and to keep pushing forward for a better life, main reasons that people want to give charity is to have the sense of helping someone. An example of this is when I was about 9 years old and my mom and I were coming out of the store from shopping for the whole family and we saw a man sitting there and he was all alone and he was asking people walking in and out of the store for food or money so I asked my mom if we could give him some Ritz crackers, and my mom said it was fine so we gave him a box of crackers and right when we started leaving and he had said thank you he opened them up and ate them like it was the only meal he had for a very long time, and at my younger age I still was able to feel the effect that charity brings to us as a human being, and ever since then I have tried every possible time I can to help someone that needs help and I know that there are people out there who pollute and destroy the meaning of charity by trying to get some free money, and that is just a shame because if every one gave charity and that the people receiving it could get back on their feet than this world would have a far less death rate and people dying and less violence.

Charity is what gets me threw the day and knowing that I have helped someone out and been able to show them kindness for them to give to someone else and to pass it on and on to every one but I know that not every one passes on their charity it falls apart or dies away but just knowing that I have done my part is all that I need to know and do.