Natalie - South Jordan, Utah
Themes: nature

You know when you find the thing you love to do when you’re doing that thing. You stop and think, man this really make same happy. I want this feeling to never go away. That is how I feel when I’m outdoors in nature, hiking or even sitting off by myself seeing the sun glimmer through the autumn leaves or watching the starry heavens. I wan to capture that moment forever and how I feel in a magnificent photograph.

I want to capture every detail, the wind, the smell, even the wink of the shimmering sun. I have a dream to buy a professional camera and become a nature photographer. I have big expectations, which I feel my photographs need to be perfect. I let myself down when I let my emotions get in the way of a great shot. My photographs still tell a story; they remind me of how I felt and long to be back in that spot again. Oh the memories!

People don’t seem to understand just how amazing the world really is. I yearn to be outside, enjoying the wonderful creations that God has created for us. When I look at the snow covered peaks or the gurgling of a mountain stream, I feel their beauty and tranquility. It feels like they have a spirit and a life inside of them. I love being alone with nature, it feels so peaceful and serene. You can stop and think without worrying about the troubles of everyday life. You get lost in the moment, seeing all that God has created for you and feeling so grateful that you could be there at that moment to see what eternity really feels like…every time I come into this state of mind I never want to leave…but reality floods back, when the last bit of sun drops beneath the horizon and the day becomes night then a whole new world begins.

When I see nature I see beauty. The most amazing things come from nature and you get to enjoy them for free. My family loves to be outside going camping, fishing, hiking, and enjoying what God has created for us. The weather can change at anytime, one moment it could be a dry sunny day the next thing you know it is pouring rain. I found throughout the years that we need to be prepared not only the storms Mother Nature creates, but also from life’s storms. That means the trials that we have to go through make us better prepared for the next storm or trial in our lives. Just like thunder and lighting storms can be cool to watch or listen too, our life storms can be good things as well.