The Best Calorie Burner

Lauren - Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

The Best Calorie Burner

There are so many ways that people try to burn calories. There are so many opportunities available to burn the calories these days. Someone can go for a walk, run a few miles on the treadmill or do a work out on the elliptical to burn off their calories. I think all of those are great ways to burn off calories, but I believe that the laughing is the best calorie burner.

One of my favorite feelings in the world is laughing so hard that I can’t breathe. I remember one time I went over to my friend Alexa’s house on a hot summer night for a sleepover. We all love to be outside so we decided to have a game night outside. We decided to play the game “Apples to Apples”. We played for hours and hours until we couldn’t keep our eyes open any longer. The longer we played the game, the sillier we would get. We went from really serious answers to absolutely ridiculous answers. We would giggle at absolutely everything to absolutely nothing. The next morning when we woke up, we noticed something strange: our abs hurt. Our abs hurt, because we were laughing so hard the whole entire night. I am sure that we burnt tons of calories, by doing something as simple as laughing. I don’t only believe the best way to burn calories is by laughing, but by laughing with my friends.

I believe that all of the options available to burn calories are great and they all work very well, but I think that laughing is the best option. Laughing does not only help to burn calories, but it also helps to make people happy. There are not many other options available that burn calories and make someone much happier. Each time I spend hours laughing with my friends I feel very refreshed and much happier. I don’t get this same feeling after I run a few miles on the treadmill or go for a long walk. Laughing is such a simple thing do and something that I thoroughly enjoy. I view the fact that I burn calories from laughing as a bonus, not a reason for laughing, but there is no other way I’d rather burn calories than laughing with my friends.