Isaac - SLC, Utah

I believe that everyone should be treated as equal. I remember when I barely got to the United States almost everyone treated me unequal. When I went to high school it was probably the hardest time in my life because everything was a new experience for me, the language, the people, the place, etc. and the worst thing is that no one was there to offer me some help or guide me through this new experience, I remember everyone just staring at me knowing that I was lost and didn’t know what to do but still although they knew that, they didn’t treated me as a new person but just ignored me. I believe in the golden rule that says “Treat others as you would like to be treated”. I always strive to treat everyone as equal, after all we are all the same, we are humans that have feelings, have a family, etc. and I don’t see the reason why we should treat everyone so differently. From my experience in high school I remember that after a year I was there I encountered myself with someone that had the same problem as I did when I first started, that brought back those painful memories but personally I didn’t want to commit the same mistake that all those people did before with me of not treating me as equal and what I did was help him now that I knew how everything worked, and I believe that was the right thing to do because after I helped him he said Thank you, and those words make me very happy and testify me that I did what was right, and that is treat others correctly. I believe that we as people need to learn more from the golden rule and apply it to ourselves so that this world becomes a more peaceful place to live in and that the word thank you starts to spread out and I’m pretty sure that we all will feel and think as one, we all have to become one in purpose, and when we are united there is a saying that says two heads think better than one, and that is definitely true. In conclusion, I believe in a united world where everyone treats everyone else as equal.