R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Lauren - Salt Lake City, Utah
Themes: respect

I believe that everyone on earth deserves respect, no matter their age, height, weight, ethnicity or skin color. Everyone is unique and special in some way and they deserve to be treated respectfully from anyone they come in counter with. Respect should be given to not only humans but to any living creature on earth, as well as the earth itself. The earth is filled with so many differences and that is what makes it so special, everyone should learn to appreciate and respect what is around them and do it the best they can.

It is that belief that helps me everyday to think before I speak or act and to do to others as I would want others to do to me. This belief is why I listen to others ideas and views and do not criticize them for it, I may not agree with it, but I respect it. All of us can learn so much from one another and we should all take advantage of it rather than sticking our noses in the air thinking we are better than them, because we aren’t, no one is better than any one else. Even though sometimes words slip or I fail to show respect, it’s simply that that helps me everyday to grow and do better.

As for having respect for the earth, that is why I do not throw trash out my car window or as I am walking down the street. I believe that we are extremely lucky to have such an amazing place to live on and that we should all try our hardest to respect it as best we can because if we don’t, things will start happening that will ruin our planet. Having respect is not always the easiest thing in the world, but it is also not the hardest, therefore everyone should take time to think and realize that everyone deserves respect no matter who they are because we are all special and have a uniqueness within us that we can use to go somewhere in life.