To be in the crowd or not to be

Matthew - Goose Lake, Iowa

I believe that if you don’t want to be in the crowd then don’t be in it. It is just that simple. If there is a group of people that are doing drugs and being wreckless idiots then leave that group. It isn’t a matter of life or death if you leave that group. If it is, then maybe you should contact an older person and have them help you deal with the hooligans.

If they resent you for leaving the group, if they bash the crap out of your good name, if they make fun of your mama, then guess what? They are not your friends! WHAT!?!?!?! Yeah I know, shocker, huh. Then, you will have the difficult task of finding new friends. But if you just be yourself and don’t crawl into a hole, that shouldn’t be a problem. I find that if you are looking for friends and you are just yourself, they kind of just come to you.

Don’t get too drastic with this though. If your friends listen to rap music and you’re a rock n’ roll kind of guy and you just don’t fly with that and you leave them. Well, that may be a little too far. Then you are just too picky. But if the music is hazardous to your health, then that’s okay.

What would be a good example is if your friends are just a bunch of hardcore boozers. Now that’s understandable, because if you are under 21 (or over) then those monkeys aren’t exactly “bud” friendly (no pun intended). Not only are their actions bad ideas, just plain hard to talk to someone who can’t walk straight.

In a nutshell, the majority isn’t always correct. Hey, Andrew Jackson became president on account of majority; then he got impeached. Um……oops. So don’t feel bad if you don’t agree with the majority of a crowd. Just leave them. Maybe you can form your own crowd. I have too many friends to invite to a party. I now have way too many friends to be honest with you. But I’m not complaining, I got all of them from being myself and not staying in crowds that are unhealthy for me or could get me in trouble. Just try it!