Friends Forever

Libby - Allison Park, Pennsylvania

Growing up is a part of life. We meet new people every day who come in and out of lives that can change it for better or for worst. But there are the friends that we have that stay in our lives forever. They are the people who know you inside and out. They know when something is wrong even when you don’t say anything at all. They are there for the good times and the bad times, always by your side. They are the people who you know will be in your life forever. I believe in the power of best friends.

When I entered kindergarten I never knew I would be meeting the person that has changed my life for the better. Sarah and I met the first day of kindergarten, and we have been best friends ever since. We have had some of the best times together; we survived our first grade school dance together, our first crushes and our first heart brakes. We made it through these times because we had each other.

On December 23, 2005 my world was rocked to the core. My father had a massive heart attack and died that day. The first person I thought to call was Sarah. She came to the hospital that night and made sure that I was ok; she stayed with me that entire night ensuring me that everything would be ok. I’ve known from that point on that she would always be there for me, and I would be there for her.

That same summer we were both gearing up to go to college; we were both excited and nervous all at the same time. Sarah had to go to summer session at another university meaning our senior summer would be cut short. The night she left for school was one of the hardest nights for me. I was scared because both of us were heading to separate schools, and I was afraid that our friendship would grow apart and it would not stay the same.

We are now both sophomores in college and our friendship has never been stronger. Even though we don’t see each other for months, every time we get together it’s like we have never left each others sides. We pick up right were we left off. That is a true test of friendship, when you can not talk for weeks, and when you do talk it is like nothing is different.

A friendship like ours will with stand the test of time. I know for a fact she will be my maid of honor at my wedding and my first child’s godmother. I can not imagine my life with out her. She has changed my life in so many ways, that I could never thank her enough. All I can give is my un denying friendship and good ear to listen to all the stories that have shaped our lives. This is the true power of best friends.