My Investment

Mitch - Piedmont, Oklahoma

I believe that my most urgent calling is to give my children the characteristics they will need to be spiritually healthy and emotionally healthy and physically healthy. I believe that I have fewer days to do this than I wish to admit. And I believe that my efforts to impart this multi-faceted health to them always return the self-same benefits to me.

I believe that I was given this wondrous gift by parents….they exampled how to care more for others more than for themselves. Their gift is a priceless family heirloom; it must not be lost during my generation. It must be diligently sustained in all its subtle but profound beauty, sustained like a flowering fragrant plant carefully sheltered from the harsh winter of cold life. For I must pass the gift on to my posterity, along with an appreciation sufficient to cause them to send the gift to the generations beyond. This heirloom can continue an endless journey. It can be a blessing through the ages.

I believe that my greatest success will be somewhere on the horizon. Like any journey, life is a trip through time in which the scenery is best enjoyed through the front windshield. A journey can’t be owned and it can’t really be conquered. But, it can be enjoyed and shared and celebrated. Or conversely, if my perspective is poorly-chosen, then the journey must simply be endured because I’m not in a position to cherish life’s miraculous scenery. And thereby I lose the wonderful heirloom. The precious gift might vanish during my part of the journey. But I won’t lose it, because I believe I choose my perspective; I must carefully choose it anew….every day.

I believe that some day I’ll see my greatest success on that horizon — as the heirloom travels onward, in the hands and hearts of children, to a time I will not see.