My belief in shoes

Magan - West Deptford, New Jersey

I believe that getting a new pair of shoes can make your day. For as long as I can remember, I have liked shoes, especially sneakers. In my closet, there are almost every kind, like running sneakers, cross country racing spikes (light weight sneakers with little spikes on the bottom so I can grip the ground), basketball sneakers, sport slides, skate boarding, and casual sneakers. I’ve even kept sneakers that don’t fit just because they are one of my favorite pairs.

As much as I hate it when my sneakers feel weak, or are dirty, ripped, or just plain old and beat up, it is also exciting because that’s when I know I will get to go pick out a new pair. I wish I could get a new pair of sneakers every week. But I think that if I did that, I would not feel as happy, exited, and appreciative of them.

When I go to the shoe store, I can’t wait to see which ones stand out and are the most comfortable. Getting them just makes me feel so happy. When I walk out of the store, I can’t wait to wear my new pair of shoes. They look so new and clean, and are just something different to look at on my feet. I never want to get them dirty.

For me, it feels like I can’t get new shoes often enough. But my parents feel like I always need a new pair. I can only run about three hundred miles on one pair of sneakers, which, since I run every day, equals about two months. After that, my sneakers start to break down and are bad for my feet. Last year alone my parents bought me ten pairs of sneakers, seven of which I used just for all my school sports.

I don’t know what people would do without shoes. They protect your feet and can even correct foot problems if you get the specially fit ones. Shoes bring so many people physical and emotional comfort everyday, and that’s why I believe in shoes.