A Mother’s Love

Elizabeth - 42104, Kentucky
Themes: family, love

A Mother’s Love

I believe in mother’s love. I believe in the comfort of her smile and the tenderness of her touch. Every day I try to compare myself to my mother. As a child I looked up to her as my hero. When I scraped my knee, she told me it would be okay. I felt like I was lost without her. For most children, including myself, home is where your mother is. I guess it is the bond a newborn has to their mother. I never understood how a baby stops crying when placed on their mother’s chest, now I do. I could have been lost in a forest but if I was holding my mother’s hand, my heart was at ease. No person can ever take that place. She is irreplaceable.

I believe in the forgiveness of a mother’s love. When I was growing up, I put my parents through a lot of torturous things. Now that I look back on that time, I can’t believe how many times they forgave me. It brings tears to my eyes and overwhelming love. Now that I’m a parent myself, I thank my mom for all the times I know she wanted to stay angry and never did. I want my daughter to know that she can come to me with anything. I used to be scared to tell my mom certain things. I have a new outlook on my daughter. Even if it is something I wouldn‘t approve of, I don’t want her to hide it from me. Communication is the key to good parenting.

I believe in mother’s never-ending love. When times get rough, a mother will always have your back. There is nothing that can break that special bond. I always loved when my mother gave me her opinion. Most of the time I didn’t agree with what she said, but at least to she took the time to try to help. When a person is growing, sometimes they tend to have problems with their parents. I was one of those kids. As I turned into an adult, I realized my mother is my best friend. She has my best interest at heart at all times. No one else will always want the best for me. I believe in my mother’s love