Change Is The Only Thing That Stays The Same

Karey - Covington, Ohio
Themes: change

I believe in change. Change is the only thing that stays the same. I have always believed in this, but it didn’t hit home until about three years ago.

Life was moving so fast, so many life altering transactions taking place. It all started six months before my high school graduation. Christmas Eve 2004, my Grandpa went into the hospital, only to find out that four weeks later he would gone. “Life goes on, you’ll see him again,” people told me, so I went with it. Graduation came and went, I saw less and less of my friends. My family moved from the home I grew up in, to a place I didn’t particularly like. Three weeks later, I moved again. This time to college, my taste of freedom. Making new friends was just the icing on the cake. Who would have thought one could learn and experience so many fun, exciting, and stupid things all at once. Last year I moved once again, back home. Campus life wasn’t for me. I guess you could say I needed yet another change in my life. So I moved back home, got a new job, and continued to go to school.

As of now, I am still learning to live with certain changes. I just have to accept it, change is a part of life. And as I’ve been told, “Things happen for a reason.” And through numerous experiences I have come to believe that the only thing that stays the same in life is change!