Working as a Team

Jenny - Horseshoe, North Carolina

In our world, it sometimes seems like it’s every man for themselves. I’m sure we’ve all felt it before, slightly lost and unsure of how to do something ourselves. If this hasn’t happened to you before, I’d personally start to wonder if you were human. But struggling with something alone is hard on anyone.

I believe that teamwork is essential to everyday existence.

Teamwork defines everyone’s life. You deal with people every single day, some you like and others you don’t. Teamwork is being able to look past those problems and work together. Even if it’s hard to see, everyone has potential, and teamwork brings that out in people. Teamwork creates a unified group where everyone must perform together to succeed, much like a machine. Every part must work collectively with the others for the machine to run.

I see this every day on my soccer team. Even if someone does something completely wrong, we still support her and stay united as a team. And that’s how we’ve come to have so much success. Every girl has a role, and there’s not one person on the team that does it all. The same goes for any competition, sport, or whatever else you may be doing. Even if one person seems to stand out as the best, they probably wouldn’t have gotten there if it weren’t for the other people helping them along. They wouldn’t be worth anything without teammates who assist them. You can’t make the winning shot if you never get the ball, can you? Without having someone to count on, whether it a sports team, a business, or even just a friend, nothing would ever be accomplished.

Stop and think for a moment. What if we didn’t exercise teamwork in everything we do? Would things like the army, that keep our country safe, exist? Would we have the explosive businesses that keep our economy going? Would our government still be able to function? It’s amazing when you stop to think about the effects of something that seems so small has on our world.

The impact of teamwork stems past the success of something like a sports game or competition. It influences who you are as a person. Teamwork teaches you love and compassion. It teaches you humility, leadership, and understanding; working cooperatively with people helps you grow as a person.

Though it’s hard sometimes to work with someone, pulling yourself through it and working as a team will help you to succeed in every aspect of your life. Teamwork is an indispensable tool in our lives. This I believe.