Joseph - Mills River, North Carolina

By: Joseph W

I believe it is important to stand up for what you believe in. You should let your voice be heard. I f someone says one thing about a certain topic, and you disagree with it, then you should say so.

In the world today there is a lot of diversity. Many different people run many different things, and have many different opinions. Everybody’s voice should be heard so that there can be input on everything, by everyone. Say the mayor of your town wants to open up a big bank. It will take place of the church you go to. The mayor is not religious, so he really doesn’t care about the church. You should not just let him just bulldoze the church you attend every week over. You should tell the mayor he needs to find a better place to put it, because it is not fair for him to destroy the church. He should put it somewhere your church is not sitting.

Another important thing that you should let your voice be heard on is your religion. You should be proud of your faith and not let others put it down. If someone does or says things around you that do not make you feel comfortable, then you should say something. For instance, if your new neighbor wears or does things that are against your religion then you should ask him or her not to do those things around you or not do them at all. You should let your voice be heard. Do not let them offend you and just let those things slide.

I believe this is important, letting your voice be heard, so that your opinion is known. Also you can change things by letting your voice be heard. There are many other things that your voice should be heard on. There are also many things that can be made better, and there is that chance that they can be made better if you let your voice be heard. However I also believe it is important that you let your voice be heard in a nice way and not a mean way.