Down Hill Skiing

Katy - 52730, Iowa

Down Hill Skiing

I believe life is like downhill skiing. I also believe in not worrying about the future and on focusing on the adventure in front of me.

When I am at the top of the hills there are different difficulties: easy, advanced, and pro. I usually go down the advanced hill. As I am soaring down the hill I am thinking about what’s going on at the moment. I am not thinking about the next run I am going to go down. I’m thinking ahead of the immediate moment on the slope. Also I’m thinking about if I am going to fall or if someone is going to run into me. While skiing down the hill I am always on the lookout for other people who might cut me off.

As I am gliding down the hill my skis leave little snow balls behind. If I accidently turn into someone else’s path and hit one of these snow balls it would make me fall. Those little snow balls are my challenges during the day. Another thing I have to be careful of to not going too fast. If I go too fast I could fall or hit a something.

If I have seen someone that has fallen, I always stop and ask if they are okay and need help. People usually fall the most at the bottom of the hill. Once I finally make it to the bottom of the hill I stop and take a depth breath. I appreciate the fact that I made it down the slope safely. I then glide over to the ski lift and wait in line to get on.

While waiting in line, I am thinking of how well I did skiing down. I also think about if I fell what I did wrong so I won’t do it again. Once it is finally my turn to get on the ski lift, I feel a little tired from the run. As I am being lifted back to the top of the hill, I close my eyes and take depth breaths appreciating the fresh air. Half way up the hill I open my eyes and look around at the nature and the people below me going soaring on their own paths. Then I finally get to the top and start my adventure all over again.

I believe life is a lot like downhill skiing. I don’t worry about what hill I am going to adventure down until I get back to the top. There are a lot of bumps and bruises along the way but, if I don’t worry about the next adventure and only focus on the adventure in front of me, I will make it.