the drive

David - canton, Michigan
Themes: love

I don’t know much about life seeing as how I am only 18 years old but from what I have experienced I think I know enough to function in this world. I have learned how to go to work, how to socialize, and as far as I can tell I can function on my own. But there is still one aspect of my life that excites, thrills, confuses, and saddens me yet this one thing keeps me going from day to day. This thing in my life right now is my girlfriend Emily.

Emily, ever since she has entered my life has never turned her back on me. She is always there and never lets me down. Even before we started dating if I had any issue I could go to her and talk about it. The strange thing is that most of the time that’s all we can do is talk. The thing is my girlfriend and I live across the country from one another

I met her when she was in town visiting her best friend and I could feel some sort of connection between us, I didn’t know what just yet but I knew there was something. After some talking online and over the phone I was able to use my fathers flight benefits to fly out and take her to her prom. Ever since then we have been doing everything we can to fly back and forth to see each other and I don’t think there has been a day when we didn’t talk.

Emily is the kind of girl where she is so like me in many ways it’s scary till I remember how different we are in others. We are both total people pleasers and we do anything we can to keep from burning bridges. But when it comes to things like hunting or owning a gun I’m all for it and I’m surprised she hasn’t protested against yet.

Even with all of the differences in-between us, and the countless miles we have to travel to see each other I feel like she is the one for me. I do everything I can to please her and she does the same for me. Now all I need to do is graduate and move out there so I can start the rest of my life with the woman I love.